Invisalign hit the market about twenty years ago, and when it did, it changed orthodontics forever. Suddenly, people realized that treatment could be discreet, comfortable, and convenient. Here is what you need to know about Invisalign:
- It is made from clear, medical-grade plastic, so it is invisible when worn.
- The shape of the aligner dictates where force is directed, allowing the teeth to be moved quickly and precisely.
- The aligners are removable, which makes eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing easy.
- Patients are given multiple aligners at a time, so they can make adjustments by swapping them out; as a result there are fewer appointments.
- The plastic is smooth, resulting in little to no irritation of the mouth.
It is proven effective.